Local Knowledge, Local Decisions
Starting or growing your company?
At Tandem, we take a common sense approach to helping business owners build their business. Because we’re entrepreneurs ourselves, we’ve walked a mile in your shoes. Unlike other banks, we can identify with the challenges unique to growing businesses. Our seasoned bankers are here to remove roadblocks to your success.
Running a business requires knowledge, hard work and dedication. Tandem can help make life a little easier. We offer several Business Checking account options to help you find a solution unique to your needs. Every account comes with a Mastercard® Debit Card, Online Banking & Bill Pay, and Mobile Banking access.
Free Business Checking
The perfect solution for most businesses!
• No minimum balance
• No monthly service charge
• 500 FREE monthly debits and credits (credits in excess of 500 are only charged 15¢ per item)
Business Interest Checking
Ideal for qualifying sole proprietorships and not-for-profit organizations
• Earns competitive interest rate
• Only $1,500 average ledger balance to avoid a low monthly service charge of $7
For businesses with more complex banking needs
• Earnings credit based on average ledger balance may offset transaction fees
• Only $15 monthly service charge
Lawyers Trust Account (IOLTA)
Available for lawyers’ escrowed checking account funds
• Earns competitive interest rate
• Interest less analyzed charges forwarded to the Georgia Bar Association
A business savings plan is a great way to let your money do some of the work. Tandem can help you find the right savings plan for you and your business.
Money Market Account
• Tiered interest rates based on average ledger balance
• 6 free withdrawals per statement cycle, $5 charge for each MMA debit in excess of 6 per statement cycle
• $2500 average ledger available balance to avoid the monthly $10 service charge
Certificates of Deposits & IRAs
• Flexible Terms include 3, 6, 9, 12 and 18 month; 2-5 year maturities
• Early withdrawal penalties may apply
• $5,000 minimum deposit to open
Remote Deposit reduces trips to the bank by enabling you to safely and securely deposit checks from your place of business. Tandem provides you with a scanner and software to make it easy. Now you can access deposited funds quicker and retrieve deposit reports and check images on demand.
Key Benefits of Remote Deposit:
Convenience: Eliminates daily trips to the bank as well as courier costs. Deposits can be made 24/7. You are always first in line.
Efficiency: Save time and money by reducing trips to the bank and avoiding overdraft fees. In addition, manual deposit preparation time is eliminated. Also, research time and your storage needs are reduced through the use of the stored digital images.
Cash Flow: By making electronic deposits, your transactions may be processed more quickly, making your funds available sooner. In addition, deposits can be consolidated from multiple locations into a single bank.
Whether you are starting or growing your company, Tandem has seasoned business bankers who work with you to develop a loan structure for your unique needs, along with the prompt service you should expect. We offer a wide variety of business products and services:
Tandem can provide financing to assist with acquisition of another company or buyout of existing shareholders. Loans generally range from 3 years to 7 years with principal and interest payments due monthly.
Commercial Real Estate
If you are looking for financing for the construction or purchase of commercial real estate, our experienced commercial bankers will work with you one-on-one to find the ideal solution to meet your financing needs. We offer creative and customized solutions for a variety of commercial real estate property types.
For builders or homeowners seeking to build residential homes, Tandem provides construction loans. The loans are often structured as a 12-month construction phase loan with interest-only payments. Draws on the line are generally monthly and construction progress is inspected by a third-party inspector prior to funding the draw request. For builders, Tandem provides construction financing for both speculative and pre-sold homes.
For developers looking to develop lots for residential construction, we selectively provide financing for such projects.
Tandem has financing to provide you with that next piece of equipment or asset for your company. Loan terms can often be set to correspond with the life of the asset and repayment can be structured to optimize your cash flow.
We offer flexible and revolving lines of credit that can be structured to meet the specific needs of your business. Lines of credit are a convenient way to finance seasonal cash needs, receivable or inventory financing or other short-term cash flow needs. These loans are typically 12 months and reviewed annually.
You’re in business to make money, but handling incoming payments can be a complex task. Our receivables solutions will save you time and reduce administrative costs related to collecting and depositing funds. By automating your receivables process, Tandem Bank can help you maximize cash flow and expedite the availability of funds for other uses. Our customized solutions will also allow you to provide your customers with flexible and convenient payment options.
• Automated Clearing House (ACH) Origination: Automate the collection of receivables with pre-authorized payments from vendors and customers. Provide convenience to customers while reducing past due receivables.
• Deposit Capture: Reduce trips to the bank by safely and securely depositing checks from your place of business, using Remote Deposit services or our Business Mobile app. We make it easy to access deposited funds quicker and retrieve deposit reports and check images on demand.
• Merchant Card Services: Safely and securely accept debit and credit card payments in person or online.
In participation with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), Tandem is committed to meeting the financing needs of small businesses. There are a number of financing programs available that provide flexible terms to businesses. The general overview of the two primary programs include:
SBA 504 Loan Program
• Purchase, refinance, construction, or renovation of owner-occupied commercial real estate
• Purchase and installation of long-life machinery and equipment.
SBA 7(a) Loan Program
• Real estate – purchase, construction, renovation or refinance of commercial real estate. Majority of space must be owner-occupied
• Business acquisition – business, franchise or professional practice
• Machinery & equipment – purchase or refinance
• Start-ups including many franchised businesses